Re: [reSIProcate] Network Down notification

I have a softclient which implements an abstraction layer between GUI and resip stack (DUM). softclient need to reset its states etc.. once the network connection is down but resip does not send any callback for network down and reconnects once the network is up.....

All i need is some notification as callback from resip which i can pass to GUI which can then take care of the rest of the stuff. I wonder how this is implemented in other UA's like xten ?

Thanks,
Amit

On 10/27/05, Alan Hawrylyshen <alan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 26-Oct-05, at 10:53 , Amit Rastogi wrote:

> Now, i am thinking of sending options request periodically and
> check the response to detect network down event. is it allright or
> do you suggest something better?

How often and what's your goal? If you send options messages
frequently you will cause major scale problems for a proxy.
I think we should focus on the requirement and then we can think
about a solution.
Can you share more background about what you are trying to do /
prevent or implement with this detection strategy?

Thanks

Alan