Re: [reSIProcate] Network Down notification

On 26-Oct-05, at 10:53 , Amit Rastogi wrote:

Now, i am thinking of sending options request periodically and check the response to detect network down event. is it allright or do you suggest something better?

How often and what's your goal? If you send options messages frequently you will cause major scale problems for a proxy. I think we should focus on the requirement and then we can think about a solution. Can you share more background about what you are trying to do / prevent or implement with this detection strategy?

Thanks

Alan