Re: [reSIProcate] Network Down notification

Thanks for the reply.
I tried and i am getting a 503 on TCP as well as UDP. i am using resip build 4631.
Reason i was thinking of re-registering etc.. was because i would like to notify UA GUI of network disconnect so that it can reset itself ( call control buttons/ display text ) etc....

I also saw that UA comes back once the network connection is up.

Now, i am thinking of sending options request periodically and check the response to detect network down event. is it allright or do you suggest something better?

thanks again
Amit

On 10/25/05, Alan Hawrylyshen <alan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 25, 2005, at 17:22, Amit Rastogi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there a way to know for a UA using resip that the network
> connection is down ( somebody unplugged the cable), wireless
> network down etc. etc..
>
> although the UA is able to reconnect to the proxy once the network
> is up but does not get any msg/notification for network disconnect..
>
> can this be done ? or UA need to somehow know that the network has
> gone down and unregister and register when network comes back....

The details of detecting a loss of network connectivity vary from OS
to OS.
Therefore, it is not currently implemented in reSIProcate. You could
notice that your requests timeout. (local 408) for UDP and get 503s
on TCP. Beyond that, we'd have to implement something specific to the
OS or use some keep-alive mechanism.

NOTE: You don't have to 'unregister' and if you don't move (and are
using UDP) you don't have to re-REGISTER either.

Alan