[reSIProcate] Autotools after the directory reorg

Dev Group,

This may seem like a delayed response but I held off on updating after
the re-org because I had a working project I was trying to get
finished.  Today I updated and everything built correctly using the
Vovida build system - except repro kept aborting on Berkley.  Turns out
it was picking up the db4 headers and the db4.2 libraries (I'm on Gentoo).

So I went to switch to Autotools to see if it got everything correctly
without hacks.  Bad move. Autotools is still assuming the pre-reog
directory structure.

I'm willing to put the time in to get everything back running under
Autotools but some questions...

1) Is there still interest in using/supporting autotools?

2) At one time you were moving this direction - is there a preferred
build system in the future?

3) Would you take the patches if I put them together?

Moving forward, the new directory structure breaks the current autotools
partitioning between "stack/dum" and "repro" vs rutil because you can't
have a dependancy one level up the tree - configure would have to run
from main to encompass rutil.  Thoughts/concerns/ideas?

Jay