Re: [reSIProcate-users] ReSent: reSIProcate as a border server - does it fit for the task?

On 23/05/16 14:51, Alexey Loukianov wrote:
> Hello 2all,
>
> I've got a task on hand to solve and want to ask community
> if reSIProcate  would fit my needs.
>
> What I've got here is a company's internal software PBX with endpoints
> connected to it via SIP and IAX2 protocols. All endpoints reside in the
> internal corporate subnet, there's no NAT between them and PBX. At least
> it was like this up to now :-). What I'm being tasked to is to provide
> SIP access to this PBX for so-called "road warriors" - people with
> Android and iOS phones roaming out there in the wild. As corporate
> network is a semi-complicated one (multiple segments, several offices
> connected via VPNs, OSPF, e.t.c., e.t.c.) I don't want to make it more
> complicated by constructing weird D-NAT towards PBX especially keeping
> in mind that SIP is a nighmare protocol w.r.t. NAT traversal.
>
> What I've been thinking of is to install reSIPro onto the border gateway
> server so it could act as a SIP proxy listening on the public IPv4
> address and forwarding SIP traffic to the internal PBX server. As far as
> I understand reSIPro might be used for this but I'm a little bit lost
> concerning what is the correct way to set it up. Could anybody provide
> me with a clue on how to configure this?

I've personally configured it like this for various purposes:

- all incoming SIP traffic from the public Internet goes to repro

- where possible, all incoming RTP traffic is relayed by reTurnServer or
an Asterisk or FreeSWITCH server or reConServer

- all of the above in a DMZ

- then there is another internal SIP proxy for user registrations, etc

- an internal Asterisk or FreeSWITCH server for voicemail, queues,
menus, etc