Re: [reSIProcate-users] Establishing a direct RTP session between 2 SIPclients

On 12-Oct-07, at 07:37 , Scott Godin wrote:

Repro is fast to setup and use – I don’t have any experience with OpenSER.

Both are quick to setup and use. There is a larger community using OpenSER since it is older, HOWEVER - SER configuration can ruin your whole day. Repro's strength is in the fact that it is a basic proxy and works well as one. There is little opportunity to mess it up via configuration. If you are and expert pilot, then there would be less of an issue running OpenSER/SER.

This whole 'reINVITE' business with Asterisk is non-standard and something of a pain. If I recall correctly, * will reinvite the two endpoints (by sending INVITE requests in dialog to each UA in turn) and provide them with the remote party's address. This is NOT how you are supposed to setup an RTP session using SIP, but it works around some specific network topology problems that you may not have.

I would advise that you ensure that you can see the proxy from both user agents and that there are no firewalls or NATs in the network to help you succeed in your demo faster, and remove the need for this particular workaround (the reinvite with *).

Alan Hawrylyshen
a l a n a t p o l y p h a s e d o t c a