Re: [reSIProcate-users] Establishing a direct RTP session between 2 SIPclients

Using DUM you will get onOffer or onOfferRequired callbacks when you receive re-invites.  You use provideOffer, or requestOffer (no SDP) – to send RE-INVITES, and will get an onOffer or onAnswer callback.

Repro is fast to setup and use – I don’t have any experience with OpenSER.

Scott

From: resiprocate-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:resiprocate-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Megha Saini
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 6:29 AM
To: resiprocate-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [reSIProcate-users] Establishing a direct RTP session between 2 SIPclients

Hi..

Firstly, sincere thanks to all who had replied to my mail earlier on the same issue and gave me useful suggestions.

After reading your views and going through the links provided, I have few more doubts regarding the same issue.

As mentioned in the mails, Asterisk mainly functions like a B2BUA and not a SIP Proxy. But we can establish a direct end-to-end transmission of RTP packets by using "canreinvite=yes" in sip.conf file. In such a case, my endpoints need to send these re-invites or they receive re-invite from the server... there were some contradictory views on this. I am also trying to test it at my end but am facing some problems.

As far as I have read in forums, reSIProcate does not handle re-invites on its own. Am I right? If yes, then can anybody please tell me how to handle RE-INVITE in reSIProcate and what messages follow after this. Currently, I have to establish a call between two agents through SIP.For this, I made two files from BasicCall.cpp given in resiprocate,namely, BasicSender and BasicReceiver. It uses three handlers: InviteSessionHandler, ClientRegistrationHandler and OutOfDialogHandler.

Regarding SER/OpenSER, I dont have much knowledge of how it establishes SIP session between two clients. Does it give me direct IP's of caller and callee to make direct RTP call between the two clients or does re-invite come into picture with SER also? Do I need to handle re-invite in reSIProcate even if I use SER/OpenSER ? If anybody has worked on it, kindly share your experience with me of using reSIProcate with SER/OpenSER.

One answer that would make life much easier for me .. If not Asterisk, which of OpenSER ,SER, and repro is easy and fast to use with resiprocate?? because currently i am working on making a demo, so need to decide soon.

Waiting to hear your experiences,

Best Regards,
Megha