Re: [reSIProcate-users] ServerStale on BYE

Without digging too deeply into this, you have a seriously bad configuration problem on sipp. The From and the Contact URIs both contain an illegal CRLF, and the log you sent clearly states: "Scanner rejecting datagram as unparsable".

From: John Melton <sip:jmelton
@192.168.0.104:5060>;tag=2744SIPpTag001
Contact: sip:jmelton
@192.168.0.104:5060

thanks,
-rohan

On Sep 8, 2007, at 7:09 PM, John Melton wrote:
I've been trying to figure out why a BYE request from the sipp test program is not accepted by the stack. All my SIP phones and soft phones work properly, but for some reason, the sipp test fails.

I'm trying the following scenario:

sipp             resiprocate
INVITE ------>
          <-------  180 Ringing
          <-------  200 OK
pauses 2-5 seconds

At this point, resiprocate gives an error on the BYE stating " ServerStale unexpected condition, dropping message."

I've compared the sequence to one that works fine, and I cannot for the life of me see the difference and why this one fails.

I have attached the log file if anyone can help.

One oddity to the test - I'm registering with a registrar, but the sipp test is directing its traffic directly to the resiprocate stack without going through the registrar. (Was trying to stress the application)

Thanks.

Building a website is a piece of cake.
<testrun.log>