Re: [reSIProcate-users] Cancel or ending a dialog

Inline…

Scott

From: resiprocate-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:resiprocate-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Melton
Sent: August 29, 2007 6:21 PM
To: resiprocateusers
Subject: [reSIProcate-users] Cancel or ending a dialog

If my application creates an invite session by the following:

SharedPtr<SipMessage> invMessage = dum->makeInviteSession(remoteAor, &invite);

dum->send(invMessage);

and at a later time, wishes to cancel the request before it's answered by the remote party, how does one associate the cancel with the original invite?  (There's no handle yet?)

[Scott] If you created our own AppDialogSet and passed it to makeInviteSession – you could call end() on it.   You could also store the DialogSetId from the Invite and call DialogUsageManager::end(dialogSetId).

As a secondary question, when I receive an onOffer, I store off the InviteSessionHandle and use it later to send the end() request.  Is this proper, or is there a better method?

[Scott]  That is fine for established dialogs but there are cautions about doing that on an early dialog:  see http://www.resiprocate.org/DUM_Ending_an_Invite_Session  The best way to end the DialogSet is one of the methods mentioned above.

Thanks!

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!