Re: [reSIProcate-users] Closing a TCP connection

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I had a look around Resiprocate's code, and the
only way I can see of bringing down the connexion, is by calling
shutdown on the DUM. As I've got multiple connexions, I obviously
don't want to do that.

As to the TCP connexion's status -- if I shutdown the SIP server, the
TCP connexion doesn't appear to attempt to reconnect. The only
indication I have that there's something up, is that my requests get a
408 Request Timeout, followed by a 503 Service Unavailable.

I turned up the logging on Resiprocate, brought down the SIP server,
and sent a request to it. Having looked in the source, I expected to
see "Exception writing to socket" from
TcpBaseTransport::processSomeWrites, but that never happened. Instead,
I got a 408 followed by 503.

I'm using Resiprocate on Linux, and I've not seen the TCP connexion
timeout at all.

Thanks,
Ruadhri.