[reSIProcate] preparing a 1.11.0 release, 1.11.0~alpha1 tagged

It seems like a good idea to get a 1.11.0 release out there before the
Debian freeze in January

This will gather up many of the bug fixes and new features from the last
12 months.  Thanks to everybody who has made contributions, especially
many first time contributors and GSoC students.

As a first step, I made a 1.11.0~alpha1 tag on the master branch and
pushed it up to Debian.  When it is ready for beta, which may be quite
soon, I will create a release branch for 1.11.x releases.

How do people feel about release timing?  Is there anything that anybody
is working on now that should be merged before the release?  Is there
any problem that seems really urgent for resolution before this release?

Regards,

Daniel