[reSIProcate] OpenSSL 1.1.0 / non-backwards-compatible API changes

OpenSSL 1.1.0 was recently released.

It appears that GNU/Linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, ...)
will only have 1.1.0 from early 2017.  reSIProcate doesn't compile[1]
with it.

The API is not backwards compatible, basically, they have made all the
structs opaque and provided accessor methods to manipulate them.

a) that is the reason it doesn't compile currently with many applications

b) when reSIProcate is changed for OpenSSL 1.1.0, it may not compile
with 1.0.x any more

There is a full guide[2] to porting from 1.0 to 1.1.0.  It includes some
suggestions about how to create macros for backwards compatibility.

Has anybody else had any thoughts about updating to the new OpenSSL?  I
may be able to make the necessary tweaks, but if I do then I probably
won't create the macros for backwards compatibility

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-openssl.html

2. https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/1.1_API_Changes