Re: [reSIProcate] architecture of telepahy-resiprocate text messages

I've tried something in the line Scott proposed but I'm having some trouble to make it work:

- I've make resip/recon/ConversationManager extend ServerPagerMessageHandler;
- I've put a virtual void onMessageReceived() method at resip/recon/ConversationManager;
- since apps/telepathy/MyConversationManager extends resip/recon/ConversationManager, it should implement the onMessageReceived() properly.
- at resip/recon/UserAgent I've done mDum.setServerPagerMessageHandler(myConversationManager), and this myConversationManager is a apps/telepathy/MyConversationManager type.

the problem is this myConversationManager type is std::auto_ptr<MyConversationManager> and I need to connect a signal coming out of apps/telepathy/MyConversationManager to a slot from apps/telepathy/Connection.

Do you think it's ok to change the type from this:

   std::auto_ptr<MyConversationManager> myConversationManager;

to this:

   tr::MyConversationManager* myConversationManager;

The APIs exposed to users should be in the ConversaManager.  Ideally we would want to have the ability to create an instant messaging conversation type that can contain 2 or more participants.  Perhaps the first version would only support 2 participants.  Someday this could support MSRP.

Lower level implementation will be required in the UserAgent class and perhaps some other new classes.  See dum/test/basicMessage for an example of how to use client and server pager message classes of DUM.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone