Re: [reSIProcate] Operating SIP account without Empathy

Hello Udit,

I know you could Jitsi client to log in with your sip account and send messages, but using that you would not be working with resiprocate (depending of the tests that you want this could be useful).

You also can use sipsak [1] to send messages to sip accounts. But I was trying to use that to send a message to a client logged in resiprocate and it wasn't working. It worked when the client was logged in Jitsi tough.

[1] http://linux.die.net/man/1/sipsak

Hello,
Currently we use empathy for sending and receiving messages from SIP account.
Is it necessary to use Empathy ? Can't we do it using terminal ?
resip/stack/test/testClient debug 'sip:udit1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;transport=udp'
I saw some output in terminal and then a question arises to me that 'Can we send and receive messages using terminal' or 'Is there any alternate way to operate sip account instead of using Empathy'
--
Thanks,
Udit Raikwar,