Re: [reSIProcate] environment to develop

On 07/05/16 16:47, Mateus Bellomo wrote:
>> Which version did you try?  What was the main problem you encountered?
>
> I've downloaded the eclipse-cpp-mars-2-linux-gtk-x86_64 version. The
> main problem was to find the dependencies (as it does for Java for
> example) but I don't know if this is even possible with c++.
> Actually I don't know if I'm importing it right. I did: File > import >
> Projects from Git > selecte reSIProcate folder that I've downloaded
> before with git clone in terminal.
>
> Besides that, I don't know how to compile with make (as I was doing in
> terminal) in eclipse.

Try this:

- clone from Git

- run the debian/build.sh script

- tell Eclipse you want to create a new C++ project

- in the form where it asks for the location, tell it the location of
the code you already checked out, it may warn that the directory already
exists (and if you already have a .project file there, it will be
overwritten)

- in the same form, you need to tell it you want a Makefile project,
then it will use the Makefile created by autotools/configure (during the
execution of debian/build.sh)

- you can click the Finish button in the new project wizard/dialog

- after it detects all the sources, you should be able to go to the
"Project" menu at the top and start a build

>> reSIProcate uses the Ellemtel coding style:
>
> I saw this .xml file in the repository. Should I have to import that
> apart from the reSIProcate? Because it was in the reSIProcate that I
> imported but I don't know if it is doing any difference.

I'm not sure exactly how Eclipse keeps those files.  You may need to
copy it to a standalone place in your home directory and then tell
Eclipse to import it.  Once you have created the reSIProcate project,
you can then go into the workspace settings or project settings and
choose Ellemtel

Regards,

Daniel