Re: [reSIProcate] environment to develop

> Which version did you try?  What was the main problem you encountered?

I've downloaded the eclipse-cpp-mars-2-linux-gtk-x86_64 version. The main problem was to find the dependencies (as it does for Java for example) but I don't know if this is even possible with c++.
Actually I don't know if I'm importing it right. I did: File > import > Projects from Git > selecte reSIProcate folder that I've downloaded before with git clone in terminal.

Besides that, I don't know how to compile with make (as I was doing in terminal) in eclipse.

> reSIProcate uses the Ellemtel coding style:

I saw this .xml file in the repository. Should I have to import that apart from the reSIProcate? Because it was in the reSIProcate that I imported but I don't know if it is doing any difference.

On 05/05/16 23:54, Mateus Bellomo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if there is some IDE recommended to develop for
> reSIProcate. Doing the GSoC test I used emacs but I think it's really
> difficult considering the size of the project.
>
> I tried to use Eclipse (I'm developing in C++) but it seems it is not
> adapted well enough (I have used Eclipse in the past for java and you
> could navigate through the project functions very easily just clicking
> in some functions name).

I've used Eclipse for some of my work on reSIProcate

Which version did you try?  What was the main problem you encountered?

reSIProcate uses the Ellemtel coding style:
https://www.resiprocate.org/Code_Conventions

I created settings that can be imported into Eclipse to implement that
coding style:
http://list.resiprocate.org/archive/resiprocate-devel/msg08206.html

and here it is:
https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/blob/master/eclipse-ellemtel-code-style.xml

If anybody wants to try another IDE, they would probably need to make a
similar profile for Ellemtel and it would be welcome in the Git repository

Regards,

Daniel