Re: [reSIProcate] replacing assertions

On 22/12/14 08:19, Jeremy Geras wrote:
> I guess it depends how consistently resip_assert(..) is used.  Also,
> would we need to worry about additional try/catch blocks sneaking in to
> the resip code (e.g. because we want to 'internally' handle certain
> exceptions that are now thrown... )

resip_assert would be a replacement for the existing asserts

I personally would not like to see more asserts added, even if they were
resip_assert.  It is just a quick way to get rid of assert itself.

If it is a project goal to minimize the use of exceptions then maybe it
would be useful to create some script that runs in the travis-ci and
checks each new commit to see if it has increased or decreased the
number of try/catch blocks.

Regards,

Daniel