Re: [reSIProcate] Question about RADIUS support

On 01/10/14 14:54, Dario Bozzali wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would be interested in using RADIUS with Resiprocate for digest
> authentication under Windows.
>
> I know that exists an implementation for Repro that uses
> freeradius-client library and I tested it under Linux (CentOS 6.5) with
> freeradius server, but that library cannot be used under Windows (or am
> I wrong?).

http://freeradius.org/freeradius-client/
- it is BSD
Source code:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-client

It is based on the legacy radiusclient-ng and before that radiusclient

If it uses any UNIX APIs, the effort to adapt it to use the equivalent
Windows header files is probably less than the effort to write your own
RADIUS library.

There is one catch though: it works well for SIP but the RADIUS code in
rutil and the client library are not sufficient for TURN.  I had
discussions with the FreeRADIUS people and they have a newer library
that can support larger messages and that could be used for a TURN HMAC
auth exchange.  I described some of that here:
  http://www.resiprocate.org/RADIUS

The newer library is not BSD licensed though so reSIProcate could use it
as an optional dependency but people wanting to make commercial
solutions would need to rewrite it or buy a commercial license.