Re: [reSIProcate] option to force PIC mode

How about here?  http://www.resiprocate.org/Configuration_Options

Thanks!
Scott

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Kennard White <kennard_white@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to commit the included patch -- any comments prior to commit would be appreciated.

This extends this resip unix build system (./configure and ./build/Makefile.osarch) to handle a corner case on linux on amd64 architecture. I build resip as stack libs, and this build jumbo shared libs that pull from the resip static libs. For this case, and on this platform, the static lib must be built with position independent code (-fPIC). This patch enables this feature.

Where should I document this feature (since it is a little non-obvious)? I didn't see an obvious place on the wiki nor any up-to-date README file in the source tree.

Thanks,
Kennard