[reSIProcate] Transport TxFifo draining: timing

Hi,

One of the key issues I'm facing in extending resip/repro to handle many connections is the why the stack Transport's drain their TxFifo queues. The flow today is:
With the epoll() patch in place, these two O(N) traversals for the TxFifo appear to be driving factors. Aside from performance issues, this is another obstacle to libevent migration. I can think of a few things to do about this:
Is there any particular reason not to try writing the data immediately when posted to the queue? Issues I can think of:

Any other approaches? Preferences? Risks?

Thanks,
Kennard