Re: [reSIProcate] Problem in registrar functionality of DUM

You aren't going to get callbacks on expiry. If you want to persist registrations, you need to subclass RegistrationPersistenceManager; this will also let you implement any expiration strategy you choose (delete on query, periodic cleanups of the database, set timers, etc).

Best regards,
Byron Campen

Hi,

I have written a basic REGISTRAR using DUM’s Registrar.cxx file. The call backs that are available are “onAdd”, “onRefresh”, “onQuery”, “onRemove” and “onRemoveAll”.

For the registration to be persistent, I am storing the bindings in a flat file.

 I have observed an issue in the Registrar functionality (in the file Registrar.cxx file). The problem description is as follows:

Step 1: Register a soft phone with user name “alice” and with expires value = 60 seconds.

Step 2: Verify that the bindings of alice are stored in the flat file.

Step 2: Don’t refresh the registration expiry value and wait till 60 seconds for the registration to get expired explicitly.

So my issue is, when the expiry value becomes 0 the call backs that are mentioned in the Registrar.cxx file is not getting called, for example, either “onRemove” or “onRemoveAll” is not getting called. So even if Alice’s bindings got expired, they are still available in my flat file.

So is an additional call back is required in the Registrar.cxx of DUM, to keep track of the expires timer? Or am I doing anything wrong?

Please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,

-Sandeep A