RE: [reSIProcate] I have a suggestion on the Docs, and even can guide the efforts.

John,

I think you are expecting too much out of an open-source
community.  I am certainly not going to assume what your
particular motivations are, but I have seen many people
come looking to open source projects to find "free" software,
only to be disappointed when they do not find the support,
documentation, etc that can be found in commercial products.
This seems to be the case with you.  You have written what
comes across to many resip developers and users alike as
demanding and highly critical postings that seem to imply
that you are owed something.

Open source is not free.  In many ways it can cost more than
commercial due to the additional effort required to use it.
I would never suggest to anyone that resip is as easy to use
as other closed packages.  There is much hard work involved
and most of that *must* be on your own.  That is the nature
of open source.  This project is, like most others, run by
a handful of dedicated people who have other real jobs. They
never will document the project or support novices
adequately (nor should they be expected to).  Using an open
source project (like democracy) requires that you accept
your own responsibilities for it to work.

My suggestions at this point are this:
- If you are building a commercial product with resip, then
I think you would be much better off going out and buying
a commercial stack.  They will give you the support you are
seeking (and not getting).
- If you are experimenting or working on a product that
is not driven by the unrelenting demands of capitalism,
then maybe you could use resip with some serious learning
about SIP (other posts, especially this one, gave good
sources).  But slow computer or not, if you take this path
you really need to post less and experiment more.
- As others have suggested, please spend more time with
the advanced C++ learning that is required to understand
much of the underlying code in resip (and be thankful you
are not trying to study boost :).
- Lastly, go out and spend some time on other open source
mailing lists.  You will see that there is an etiquette to
follow and that most postings are very short, explicit
questions or proposed fixes.

...snip...