Re: [reSIProcate] Is this the cause of random solaris cores from resip related to memory?

On 10/28/05, Alan Hawrylyshen <alan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sandeep,
> It sure looks like this could be a real problem.
> One thing that might be a good overall improvement would be to:
>
> a) Create a class / abstraction for time services.
> b) Implement the OS specific time calls within this class.
> c) Provide a 'cheap' time interface for places that need rough time and
>     the more precise time can call through to the underlying OS.
> By controlling access to the time functions in a single class, we can
> either
> use the MT safe routines or ensure serial access to those that are not.

There is already such a class. It is called Timer and it should be
used everywhere. I think there might be a few exceptions - in
particular the Logging code which needs a different type of time than
everybody else.

JAson