[reSIProcate] should CANCEL or BYE after 183?

Hi,

I tested calling a PSTN gateway both from EyeBeam and from my client
application (based on resiprocate 0.9 and DUM). I noticed EyeBeam will send
a CANCEL whereas resiprocate 0.9 with DUM will send a BYE. The BYE, even
though it seems properly constructed (with to and from tags), gets rejected
by the gateway (481 Call Leg / Transaction doesn't exist). However, the
CANCEL sent by EyeBeam properly terminates the INVITE. The gateway is
running Cisco-SIPGateway/IOS-12.x.

According to RFC 3261, who is right? EyeBeam or resiprocate 0.9 or are both
doing the right thing ? Also, it doesn't seem there is any way to send a
CANCEL with DUM.

Thanks,
Christian