From: Asheesh Joshi [mailto:asjoshi@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:41 AM
To: resiprocate-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [reSIProcate] Load Testing Using Resiprocate

Hi All,

    Over the past one week I am trying to get my B2BUA using the resip put under load test. There are
some issues  I am seeing with the memory creeping up slowly and slowly.

    My team is still trying to find out is it our UAS / UAC state machines that is slowly eating up the
memory. Meanwhile I thought I will write in this mail and seek suggestions/information from you guys
on past observed behavior of Resip under load testings.

    We have a tool generatting load at 10 calls per second for 100 users... each call cycle being defined by
INVITE, 100 trying, 180 ringing, 200 Ok, ACK, ( Pause ), BYE, ACK.

    The B2BUA is running in a Linux machine and we monitor the memory using "top" command
and I see memory rising .1% to .5 % after each batch of 100 calls. Eventually after 12,000 calls
the system crashes !

    I wanted to ask the forum that do we have any statistics on RESIP being tested under high
traffic for long periods ? And has any kind of memory leak testing being done on Resip. Can
somebody suggest me some good tools ?

    Any help will be appreciated.

-cheers
Asheesh