From: resiprocate-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:resiprocate-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jason
Fischl
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 8:38 PM
To: Resiprocate
Subject: [reSIProcate] resip stack statistics

I am going to add in a module in the transaction layer that keeps track of
the following statistics. I based some of this on the draft
http://www.softarmor.com/wgdb/docs/draft-ietf-sip-mib-07.txt. This module
currently doesn't contemplate dum but additional stats gathering could be
added in for it.

Requirements for the stats module:
- can be compiled out (probably be default)
- provide stats to the application asynchronously
- stats delivered at a configurable interval
- interval should be configurable at run-time
- minimal performance impact (< 5%)
- minimal memory footprint impact

sipStatsInviteIns
sipStatsInviteOuts
sipStatsAckIns
sipStatsAckOuts
sipStatsByeIns
sipStatsByeOuts
sipStatsCancelIns
sipStatsCancelOuts
sipStatsOptionsIns
sipStatsOptionsOuts
sipStatsRegisterIns
sipStatsRegisterOuts

sipStatsPublishIns
sipStatsPublishOuts
sipStatsSubscribeIns
sipStatsSubscribeOuts
sipStatsNotifyIns
sipStatsNotifyOuts

sipStatsRetryInvites,
sipStatsRetryByes,
sipStatsRetryCancels,
sipStatsRetryRegisters,
sipStatsRetryOptions,
sipStatsRetryFinalResponses,
sipStatsRetryNonFinalResponses

sipStatsRetryPublishes
sipStatsRetrySubscribes
sipStatsRetryNotifies

Some other stats that I am considering tracking:

resipStatsTransportErrors // total number of transport errors
resipStatsParseErrors     // total number of parse errors resulting in
transaction failure

// the following stats would be for a snapshot in time
resipStatsTransportFifoSize // total for all transports
resipStatsTUFifoSize
resipStatsActiveTimers
resipStatsOpenTcpConnections
resipStatsActiveNonInviteTransactions