Re: [reSIProcate] resip stack statistics

On Jul 24, 2004, at 12:37, Jason Fischl wrote:

I am going to add in a module in the transaction layer that keeps track of
the following statistics. I based some of this on the draft
http://www.softarmor.com/wgdb/docs/draft-ietf-sip-mib-07.txt. This module currently doesn't contemplate dum but additional stats gathering could be
added in for it.

Requirements for the stats module:
- can be compiled out (probably be default)
- provide stats to the application asynchronously
- stats delivered at a configurable interval
- interval should be configurable at run-time
- minimal performance impact (< 5%)
- minimal memory footprint impact

Good proposal!
Additionally I was also considering tracking windowed average of NIT processing time (request to response), food for thought.
I'm also after a mechanism to report NIT elapsed time to the TU somehow.
The NIT proc time could (should) be an RRD style object. That would permit fairly useful stats to be gathered.

Alan

a l a n a t j a s o m i d o t c o m