Re: [reSIProcate] Username as a quoted field

Jason Fischl wrote:

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 22:59, Adam Hart wrote:

G'day,

I've been using resiprocate for awhile (cause I love it). A user
recently asked why he couldn't auth with my software, yet other SIP UAs
worked. The server was SER and the reason ended up been username=blah
not quoted in the auth section. So, obviously, I just changed all

defineParam(username, "username", DataParameter, "RFC ????");
defineParam(username, "username", QuotedDataParameter, "RFC ????");

and, bang, it worked. Is this a bug in resiprocate or is there any
danger in just keeping it like this.

RFC 2617 says that username should be quoted.

I remember having this discussion a while ago. I guess it would be ideal if
the stack would accept digest parameters quoted or unquoted. For sure,
somebody should report the bug to the ser developers.

In the meantime, any ideas on how to make it tolerant but not emit incorrect
encodings?

Jason

The bug (on SER end) may be due to the actual script the server was using, it seemed to compare my from address and the username field to ensure they were the same.

Are you saying that applying my change will cause resip to not understand non-quoted username fields anymore ? Because from my understanding, most UAs use quoted usernames so wouldn't there already be large issues with this.

-Adam