RE: [reSIProcate] Username as a quoted field

> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 22:59, Adam Hart wrote:
> > G'day,
> >
> > I've been using resiprocate for awhile (cause I love it). A user
> > recently asked why he couldn't auth with my software, yet other SIP UAs
> > worked. The server was SER and the reason ended up been username=blah
> > not quoted in the auth section. So, obviously, I just changed all
> >
> > defineParam(username, "username", DataParameter, "RFC ????");
> > defineParam(username, "username", QuotedDataParameter, "RFC ????");
> >
> > and, bang, it worked. Is this a bug in resiprocate or is there any
> > danger in just keeping it like this.
>
> RFC 2617 says that username should be quoted.

I remember having this discussion a while ago. I guess it would be ideal if
the stack would accept digest parameters quoted or unquoted. For sure,
somebody should report the bug to the ser developers.

In the meantime, any ideas on how to make it tolerant but not emit incorrect
encodings?

Jason