Re: [reSIProcate] TransportSelector Route Bug

On Jun 14, 2004, at 10:19, Jason Fischl wrote:

Yes. This is right. Apparently, somebody added in the following code (also
incorrectly) into TransportSelector:
      else if (msg->exists(h_Routes) && !msg->header(h_Routes).empty())
      {
// put this into the target, in case the send later fails, so we
don't
         // lose the target
         msg->setForceTarget(msg->header(h_Routes).front().uri());
         DebugLog (<< "Looking up dns entries (from route) for " <<
msg->getForceTarget());
         result = mDns.lookup(msg->getForceTarget(), handler);
      }

Hmm.. Since my name appears on a few of these lines -- I'm wondering what, specifically needs to be done here and elsewhere to fix the problem. I remember discussing this with you on the phone and not really coming to a decent conclusion. I'm concerned about how this is all going to work. So what are the proposed solutions?

This sounds like a problem in more than one location.

a l a n a t j a s o m i d o t c o m