Re: [reSIProcate] More memory leaks...

On 26 May 2004, at 09:31, Scott Godin wrote:

I finally got to the bottom of the next leak - it was a tough one to find.  I'm not sure if it exists or not in other OS's, and I need peoples opinions on the best fix for it - to make sure it works on all OS's.  Here is the problem:
[snip]

Thanks Scott -- I have some concerns with the order of things in the proposed ctor, but I suppose we can see if the leak even exists under Mac OS/X and Linux 1st. If that's not the case, we can just ifdef as you proposed.

PS.  Even with these last two leaks I've posted fixed there still seems to be more.  Back to the drawing board I guess.  Has anyone ever tested for memory leaks on other platforms?

Oh yes -- we are currently in the middle of this, so perhaps we should take care to post our findings on this list (as should anyone delving into memory issues) to best co-ordinate our attacks. IOW, we will post to the list as our performance and memory work start to reveal issues.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Alan