Re: [reSIProcate] ClientSubscriptionHandler

From: resiprocate-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:resiprocate-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matthias Moetje
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 11:56 AM
To: resiprocate-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

could someone please shed some light on the callback functions of the ClientSubscriptionHandler? Some are easy to understand but when are:

onUpdatePending, onUpdateActive and onUpdateExtension actually called?

[Scott] One of these are called when a notify is received.  The one that is called depends on the current subscription state.  I think Extension is used when the state is neither Pending or Active.  I don’t fully understand why these callbacks were separated this way, perhaps someone else can shed some light on that.

What should I return in onRequestRetry (should I return the retrySeconds value)?

[Scott] I would suggest returning some the min of retrySeconds and some application configured setting for subscription retry.

Am I correct that for dealing with a ClientSubscription which was implicitly created through REFER, it is sufficient to wait for ClientSubscriptionHandler::onTerminated, then create a SIP message from the sipfrag and use this message’s response code to determine if the REFER was successful or not?

[Scott] You can look for a SIP final response code (non-1xx) in the SipFrag bodies of the onUpdateXXX callbacks and checking for 2xx vs 3xx-6xx to determine success or failure.  However the subscription should be ended on the final response, so an onTerminated callback should immediately follow.

Thanks for any help,

Matthias Moetje

cid:809010616@21122006-3519

TERASENS GmbH