Re: [reSIProcate-users] Sending multipart/mixed content in outgoingINVITE

Thanks Scott. Yes, I figured out that I need to modify DUM to support the other type. I tried implementing my own Contents class similar to that of MultipartMixedContents but the app gets asserted at ContentsFactoryBase.cxx, which probably indicates that the stack does not understand the new Content-Type. Am not sure what am missing here.

Thanks,

    Cyril

From: Scott Godin [mailto:slgodin@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 9:42 PM
To: Cyril Raymond; resiprocate-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [reSIProcate-users] Sending multipart/mixed content in outgoingINVITE

You would have to store the body on the onNewSessionCall and manually add it to the message you get back from makeInviteSession before calling send.  You will probably run into trouble with this though – since mid-dialog offer/answers only return back Sdp bodies and not the entire message.  You will probably end up needing to modify dum in order to accept any Content type for offer/answer in order to get this work in all scenarios.

Other answers…

My queries,

-          Is the above scenario valid?

[Scott]  Yes.  You will need to use REFER with a replaces header.  Check out the REFER and replaces RFC’s.

-          What happens to the initial session that got established for Client A. Should I send the REFER to Client A after sending it a BYE or should I send it as part of the same dialog and send a BYE after receiving a NOTIFY from Client A?

[Scott]  The refer should be sent in-dialog in order to ensure that it arrives at the correct UA.  You can also look at the service-examples and cc-transfer drafts.

Scott