Re: [reSIProcate] reCon default SDP issues (fmtp, DTMF, ptime)

...inline...
On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 10:37 AM Daniel Pocock <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

a=fmtp:105 0-15

- should we include anything else in the default, e.g. 0-16?

16 is flash hook and was deprecated, I don't see a need to include it:  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4733#appendix-A

https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/blob/master/resip/recon/ConversationManager.cxx#L621

a=ptime:20

- code comment suggests it is troublesome

https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/blob/master/resip/recon/ConversationManager.cxx#L645

- should we just leave it out by default, will it cause problems for
anybody if I remove it.

[Scott]  Leaving ptime out entirely would be worse than specifying it, and having it incorrect or one of the codecs in the list.  I don't think you should remove it.

a=rtpmap:105 TELEPHONE-EVENT/8000

- uppercase TELEPHONE-EVENT is valid but appears to cause issues with
Polycom

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/VVX-and-Soundpoint-not-sending-DTMF-when-telephone-event-not/m-p/101622/highlight/false

[Scott]  I think we should lowercase the string, as it's more common.