Re: [reSIProcate] proposal for branching and releasing 1.11

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for jumping on this.  This plan sounds good to me.  :)

Scott

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 9:07 AM, Daniel Pocock <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

reSIProcate 1.11 beta was picked up by Debian for the stretch release
cycle.  In stretch, OpenSSL 1.0 is still present and supported.

Therefore, I propose that:

- we make a 1.11 branch somewhere before the OpenSSL 1.1 support was merged

- we tag 1.11.0 on that branch

- any fixes needed for stable Linux packages can be tested on that
branch, e.g. a 1.11.2 or 1.11.3 release

- the first release containing OpenSSL 1.1 support will be reSIProcate
1.12.x

- any other changes mentioned in the roadmap discussion can be 1.12.x or
later (to be determined in the other thread)

Do people agree with this strategy for 1.11.x?

Regards,

Daniel