Re: [reSIProcate] main web page still thinks 1.8 is the current release

On 31/07/14 20:25, John Gregg wrote:

> ... doesn't exactly convey the sense that resiprocate is an active,
> constantly improving project. (see http://www.resiprocate.org/Main_Page):
>

>     Current Release
>
> *The current release of reSIProcate is 1.8*
>
> All users of reSIProcate are encouraged to use the most recent release.
>
>   * 16-July-2012 - reSIProcate 1.8 Release
>     <http://www.resiprocate.org/ReSIProcate_1.8_Release> - Notes and
>     Downloads
>   * Previous releases <http://www.resiprocate.org/ReSIProcate_Releases>

We had added the other announcements above that but not removed the old
text.  Now it is replaced with links to packages.

> Also, the http://www.resiprocate.org/ReSIProcate_Releases page is badly
> out of date.
>
> In fact, I would think that one of the most important links on the whole
> web site would be this one:
> http://www.resiprocate.org/files/pub/reSIProcate/releases/ i.e. the page
> of all the releases up to and including the most recent one, but it is
> awfully hard to find it. I had to spend maybe ten minutes looking, and I
> finally found it by clicking through a link in the "Announcements"
> section on the main page that got me to the 1.9 release page
> (http://www.resiprocate.org/ReSIProcate_1.9_Release), and from there I
> was able to find a link to the Download Directory. Whew! Why is it this
> hard? I would think that the download directory should be one of those

I always include that link in release announcement emails

Somebody with admin rights on the wiki may be able to add that link to
the sidebar menu too