Re: [reSIProcate] [reSIProcate-users] Expires field in INVITE request

So you're worried about the UAS doing something broken with the Expires value? Or are you maintaining that it would make code more complicated, without actually reducing the burden on the TU?

Best regards,
Byron Campen

Hi Byron,

I think use of this feature is generally a bad idea and I would push for it to be deprecated in a future version of the standard.  An application that is interested in setting this header would be better off setting an application-level timer and canceling the request.

If a UAS that receives this request ignores the Expires header, nothing bad really happens.  If the UAS sends a 2xx to the request, the UAC should have code to just send a BYE.

thanks,
-rohan