RE: [reSIProcate] NameAddr::parse() bug?

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 17:15 -0500, Scott Godin wrote:
> No I don't see this, using SVN head.  Can you post code that shows this?
>
> However I do see something that I'm not 100% sure is correct:
>
> The following NameAddr will produce a trailing space in the display
> name:
> DisplayName <sip:user@xxxxxxxx>
>
> In this case display name is "DisplayName " - is that correct?   Or
> should it be "DisplayName"?

I think that given the production for display-name in 3261:

display-name = *(token LWS) / quoted-string

that the white space is part of the display-name.  I hate to think it
would ever make a difference.  The parser in sipXtackLib would not
include the trailing white space.  I think the production really should
have been:

display-name = ( token *(LWS token) ) / quoted-string

but...

while we're at it... the use of 'token' in the above implies that
display name comparisons should be case-independent :-)

--
Scott Lawrence  tel:+1-781-938-5306;ext=162 or sip:slawrence@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Consulting Engineer - Pingtel Corp.  http://www.pingtel.com/