[reSIProcate] Repost: resiprocate seg faults on solaris 9

Hello,

Reposting this message since I did not get a reply. Please let me know
if I can provide any additional information to clarify my questions.
Thanks
Sandeep

Hi,

I am debugging resiprocate seg faults happening on solaris platform.
Linux seems to be working fine.

I am using a resiprocate version from April. (0.9.0 did not quite work
for me). I noticed in the Makefile there is a rule to generate cxx file
from .gperf file. In the svn repository, there are three .gperf files
(HeaderHash, MethodHash, ParameterHash), but there are .cxx files for
these three also in the repository.

My questions are:

1) Is it mandatory to have gperf on the build machine? If yes, what
version?

2) In my case, I did not have gperf installed so I used the .cxx files
that were in the repository. Is this ok? (The library seems to work fine
on linux but I see various seg faults on solaris).

3) configure failed with this error.. configure:1556: error: cannot find
install-sh or install.sh in . ./.. ./../... How serious is this? How to
fix it?

4) I am using an ExtensionParameter epid in my application. Do I need to
make any changes in the sip stack for this to work? On linux it seems to
work just by using the ExtensionParameter class (no changes to stack)

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Sandeep
--