RE: [reSIProcate] Multipart/mixed content in INVITE

OK - I did some digging around.  If you have USE_SSL defined then the
EncryptionManager kicks in - and will be able to presumably parse out
encrypted contents from Mulitpart/Mixed Contents.  If there is no
encrypted contents present in the message then it will just return the
first embedded content and all other embedded contents are discarded (I
think).

This causes one of the SFTF test cases to fail.  The test sends an
invite to the client under test with a multipart/mixed content type -
with 2 parts.  The 1st part is a text/plain contents and the 2nd is an
SdpContents.  With the EncryptionManager enabled all that reaches the
InviteSession code is the text/plain contents.

We used to have code in InviteSession that would walk through a
multipart/mixed contents looking for SdpContents.

Maybe this is what we should do to correct this - if you guys agree:
1.  If Encryption manager doesn't end up decrypting anything than the
original contents is left in tack.  Not really how to accomplish this at
this point - maybe Daniel can help.
2.  InviteSession::getSdp will look through all Multipart body types to
find the first Sdp.

Thoughts?

Scott

Of
> Jason Fischl
> Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:51 PM
> To: Scott Godin
> Subject: Re: [reSIProcate] Multipart/mixed content in INVITE
>
> <private reply>
>
> I'm pretty sure this code is working recently since it is part of our
> next release. The mechanism is completely different to what was in
> there prior to the great merge.
>
> Jason
>

> On 9/27/05, Scott Godin <slgodin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Actually I think the great merge of 2005 (tel-tel branch) destroyed
the
> > MultipartMixed parsing code in InviteSession.   There is some stuff
in
> the
> > SVN head to do with MultipartAlternative - but I'm not sure if it
works
> or
> > not.
> >
> > I'll try to resurrect it when I get a chance.

InviteSession