RE: [reSIProcate] Some questions about dum

Scott,

thanks very much for these answers, things are a bit
more clear now!

> [Scott] - Ideally just one stack and one dum.  But it will be
> difficult to
> force dum to use a particular transport for outbound requests
> - if this is a
> requirement for you.  You can preload the Via header, but I'm
> not certain
> that this will be possible for responses without doing a bit
> of work.

OK, what about the overrideHostAndPort setting. Will this do
what I want? Apparently it can't mean the host and port to
listen on.

When I add several transports with different IP addresses,
will I know on which IP address and port a message was
received or should I better use several DUM objects instead?

Another question: Is it correct that all dum functions will
return "immediately" without doing any actual sending?
Should I create a thread then, that calls the dum->process()
method to perform actual processing?

If this approach is correct approach, does dum implement
any critical sections or mutexes to avoid a call to a
function like dum->send(...) while the thread is executing
the dum->process() function?

> For another example of a dum-based application take a look at:
> http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/sipX/main/bbridge/src
>
> There is documentation in the header files.
> Jason

Jason, I thought sipX would be a completely different
stack (which is not even tested on Windows)?

Thanks very much for your help!

Best regards,

Matthias