Re: [reSIProcate] Please help - Register is Aborting.

On Jul 8, 2004, at 15:36, Brian D'Souza wrote:

Since, the transaction id
for #34 and #35 are the same, the TransactionState class matches
REGISTER #35 to the transaction for Register #34.

Are you implying that message 35 is from the DUM and has the same tid?
That's definitely a problem and will cause all sorts of grief.
Messages send to the stack should not have the branch-parameter in the Via set manually. The stack will set it for you. If you need to put something in the branch-param, please use the clientData() methods.

I also recently mentioned to Jason that I discovered a race condition (as yet unverified) in the code that could potentially cause problems if the retransmission timer fires (or more specifically is serviced) prior to the DNS resolution completing. The timer may need to be started elsewhere.

Do either of these suggestions help you understand what might be failing? Please let us know. If your application is sufficiently small, it might be worth having someone who's been in the stack a whole lot take a look.

Alan Hawrylyshen
Jasomi Networks Inc.
http://jasomi.com/
a l a n a t j a s o m i d o t c o m