[Fwd: RE: [reSIProcate] A newbie question]

Jason: Denizens of the List:

Since u thought that it should be posted though it was a newbie question
I decided to join and post it myself....

I am shooting for about 100 concurrent calls with hold times of between
8 and 10 secs as a bench mark at a minimum.  Not counting the
provisionals I am looking at INVITE,(ignore the 100, 180), 200 OK, ACK.
More like about 300 transactions.  I dont expect all of them to start
perfectly in synchrony of course..... Working backwards, I think a safe
assumption would be somewhere around 20 -30 transactions any given
second if the calls distribute themselves evenly over the call hold
times... but may be more like peaks of 100 transactions per sec if we
follow the traffic modelling erlangs.... I would like to be get some
metrics... One of the things I weanted to do was to add methods int he
app for getting metrics for our call systems

Now for the next question - why did I want to send it even without a
via... I wanted to see if I could sort of build a call distributor to
say 10 call handlers by rewriting the RURI to point to the chosen call
handler and get out of the way.... a Via header obviously would not hurt
anything .... but the minimalistic streak in me took over!!! :)

I am also interested in implementing 3265 (that was a typo in my msg)
which the subscribe-notify piece...

Sam
____
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you --- Jung"