[reSIProcate] [Resiprocate-devel] ADMIN: Source Code Repository Migration

Well, I'm have a branch going on that I want to merge back within 1-2 weeks.
Will this be impacted by the subversion migration?

-----Original Message-----
From: resiprocate-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:resiprocate-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Alan
Hawrylyshen
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 11:37 AM
To: resiprocate Developers
Subject: [Resiprocate-devel] ADMIN: Source Code Repository Migration

All;

I am thinking of completing the SipFoundry SCM migration for
reSIProcate in the next 48 hrs.

This means that we will take the COMPLETE CVS project archive and
import it to Subversion on SipFoundry.

Given the current schedules of most of the key players in the project
-- this week feels like a good time to do the migration. If you have
concerns about this, I am definitely open to hearing your views and
deciding what to do.

There will potentially be some impact:

ALL EXISTING WORKING DIRECTORIES WILL BE INVALIDATED.
This is not a big deal UNLESS you are actively developing a patch /
feature that isn't checked in. Prior to the migration, we need to agree
on a time to 'lock' the CVS repository.

The plan looks something like this:

  [1] Announce migration and point people to resources at SipFoundry for
Subversion usage.
  [2] Solicit opinions on lock-down date/time.
  [3] Remove all write access to cvs.resiprocate.org.
  [4] Archive entire project.
  [5] Import project at SipFoundry and lock project.
  [6] Verify integrity of imported project.
  [7] Create developer accounts for all current cvs.resiprocate.org
developers.
  [8] Release lock on new SipFoundry project.

The old CVS repository will remain in read-only mode as long as people
require so that patches can still be made against possibly orphaned
working directories.

I am keen to do this migration ASAP. The sooner we can do it before the
next work-session, the less chance it has to impact that session.
Moreover, there will be an opportunity to get some hands-on assistance
with Subversion at the work-session, which is always easier than
debugging issues via e-mail.

Some resources for understanding SipFoundry and Subversion (Scott
Lawrence has done a fantastic job of creating the background and
tutorial pages at SipFoundry with regards to SVN (Subversion) and
project administration / developer access).  In particular, please feel
free to play around with Subversion by experimenting with the test
project, as explained on the SipFoundry Subversion page [B].

[A] SipFoundry Tool Overview  :  http://www.sipfoundry.org/tools/
[B] SipFoundry and Subversion :
http://www.sipfoundry.org/tools/subversion.html
[C] Subversion at Tigris      :  http://subversion.tigris.org/

Cheers

Alan Hawrylyshen
SipFoundry Resiprocate Project Administrator