[reSIProcate] RRVIP and white list

Some  quesitons,

1) Can anyone explain the rationale behind RRVIP and whitelist?

2) In DnsInterface, it seems that if we do not define USE_DNS_VIP, then RRVIP
and whitelist will not come into play. Then the question comes, why not define
USE_DNS_VIP?

3) What is the reason for the following action?

TransactionState::sendToTU()
{
     // !bwc! Debatable.
     DnsResult->whitelistLast()
}

4) In TransactionState::sendToTU()
         case 408:
            if(sipMsg->getReceivedTransport() == 0 && mState == Trying)  //
only blacklist if internally generated and we haven't received any responses yet
            {
               // blacklist last target.
               // ?bwc? How long do we blacklist this for? Probably should make
               // this configurable. TODO
               mDnsResult->blacklistLast(resip::Timer::getTimeMs() + 32000);
            }

            break;

We miss the case where the INVITE client transaction is in Calling state.

BTW, I am referring to 1.1 version.

Thanks,

kaiduan

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com