Re: [repro-users] Repro Edge Server

Hi Richard,

Yikes - that page needs an update!  Looks like it was written before we made some modifications to the configuration interface for repro.  Repro now reads from a repro.config file.  Command line options are still possible, but names and formats have changed.  I suspect the instructions are still more or less valid, but you will need to map the settings to the newer ones.

The following doc, has some description of the newer configuration format stuff.
https://www.resiprocate.org/images/f/f0/Repro_1.8_Overview.pdf

If you are interested in helping us to update our wiki pages with the newer information, that would be great, please let me know and I can make sure you have wiki edit privileges.  :)

Thanks,
Scott

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 3:07 AM, Richard Parsons <richard.lee.parsons@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all

I am trying to setup a proxy edge server, following these instructions: https://www.resiprocate.org/Using_Repro#Setting_up_Repro_to_be_an_Edge_Server. My objective is to avoid NAT traversal by having all local SIP clients proxy through an edge server with a public IP adddress.

The command I am running is this:

The error that I receive is this:

> Invalid command line parameters: Name/Value pairs must contain an = or a : between the name and the value Bad argument: --disable-reg > Invalid command line parameters: Exception parsing Name/Value pairs: ConfigParse::Exception Name/Value pairs must contain an = or a : between the name and the value (Bad argument: --disable-reg) @ ConfigParse.cxx:122 Bad argument: --disable-reg Error parsing configuration: > ConfigParse::Exception Name/Value pairs must contain an = or a : between the name and the value (Bad argument: --disable-reg) @ ConfigParse.cxx:122
> Failed to start repro, exiting...

I have consulted the man page, and can't see how I am incorrectly using the command line arguments. "--disable-reg" appears to be a valid option to me. Am I reading the man page wrong or misunderstanding?

I am using Arch Linux and installed repro using the recipe here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/repro/.  This downloads, builds and installs version 1.10.2 of repro from the git repsository.

Can anyone please help me troubleshoot this error so that I can correctly configure the edge proxy?

In order to contribute back to the community, I can post instructions for setting this up on the Arch Linux wiki so as to assist others in future.

Thanks in advance
Richard