Re: [repro-users] DNS SRV failover

This change was committed today.  Thanks for your patience.

Scott

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 9:52 AM, Scott Godin <sgodin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Nikolay,

I know it's a year later, but I've finally had a chance to look into this and I understand why we are not trying the next DNS entry.  I will be committing a solution, likely sometime next week.

As far as a standard 408 error that occurs after 32-seconds - typically over UDP.  It doesn't make sense for the stack to try another DNS entry, since the 32 second transaction time has already expired.  Stack users expect some form of response within 32-seconds after issuing a request.  For requests that 408 after 32 seconds, the application will need to be responsible for re-issuing the request if it is desired.

With my changes coming, as long as TCP connection timeout occurs before the 32-second transaction timeout, the stack will try the next DNS entry.

Best Regards,
Scott