Re: [repro-users] repro not consulting hosts file ?

The default for Windows is to NOT use c-ares, it uses resip-ares which does support hostfile lookups.  However if there is a DNS record in the resip cache or if the DNS server returns an A-record when not found, then it won't go to the hostfile.  I believe it only goes to the hostfile if the DNS server returns no results.

More info here:
http://www.resiprocate.org/DNS

Scott

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Daniel Pocock <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 29/06/16 00:56, Julio Cabezas wrote:
> Hi,
>

>                 I cannot make repro to route an INVITE to “xtarget” when
> I define it in the Windows hosts file as e.g. :
>
>                 172.28.120.100  xtarget
>

>                 But when I define “xtarget” as an A record in the
> default DNS for the server where repro runs, the INVITE is correctly
> routed by repro.
>

>                 I am running repro version 1.10.1  on Windows Server 2012R2.
>

>                 Any suggestion ?

repro (and all of reSIProcate) use the c-ares DNS library instead of the
normal system libraries to resolve names.

As far as I know, c-ares doesn't support the hosts file