Re: [repro-users] repro - Recommendations for Production deployment

...inline...

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Julio Cabezas <jcabezas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

    Let me report an observation I made today with repro.  I hope that can be helpful.

    I have an instance of repro  V.1.9.8 running on Windows Server 2008R2, with an uptime of at some 3 months working normally.
    It showed the following today:
    Some 10 User Agents were on and should be registered with repro, but only 4 of those showed up normally in repro Registrations page.

    Wireshark showed that for the non-registered UAs:
    - REGISTER (over TCP) was sent by the UAs and arrived normally at repro interface and port
    - But there were only  TCP ACK replies to those REGISTERs and no SIP responses.

    After restarting repro, all UAs registered normally.

    Is that an already known behaviour ?  Maybe version 1.10.1 solved it ?

[Scott] I believe you are likely hitting the TCP connection limit and that 1.10.1 will solve it.

   By the way, what are the differences expected between restarting the “repro.exe” process and using “Restart Proxy” button in Settings page ?
   When use either one ?

[Scott]  The restart proxy button on the Setting page will leave the in memory copy of the current registrations in-tact.  If you restart the process then all endpoints must re-register before the proxy will know where they are again.

Best Regards.